cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I increase the number of search results in the web app?

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6
The web app gives me a max of 500 results per page. Is there a registry or webapp.ini edit that I can use to increase this?

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4
This is limited by design from EV 8 SP1:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/326716.htm

In EV8.0, SP1, the limits for the numbers of Search Result items displayed by Browser search has been changed. [Ref 801455, E1161980]

IIS does not allow uploads of large amounts of data by default. The amount of data that can be uploaded is controlled by the property AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed. In earlier releases of Enterprise Vault, if you tried to add 1,000 items to a basket from one Search Results page, the default limit set by AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed could be exceeded and an error message displayed. It is not advisable to set the default limit too high, so the maximum number of items Browser search displays on one Search Results page has been reduced.

The numbers of items that Browser search displays on one Search Results page are now:

* Normal search: 10, 25 or 50
* Advanced search: 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 or 500

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4
This is limited by design from EV 8 SP1:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/326716.htm

In EV8.0, SP1, the limits for the numbers of Search Result items displayed by Browser search has been changed. [Ref 801455, E1161980]

IIS does not allow uploads of large amounts of data by default. The amount of data that can be uploaded is controlled by the property AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed. In earlier releases of Enterprise Vault, if you tried to add 1,000 items to a basket from one Search Results page, the default limit set by AspMaxRequestEntityAllowed could be exceeded and an error message displayed. It is not advisable to set the default limit too high, so the maximum number of items Browser search displays on one Search Results page has been reduced.

The numbers of items that Browser search displays on one Search Results page are now:

* Normal search: 10, 25 or 50
* Advanced search: 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 or 500

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
You can specify an override in webapp.ini.

It is documented in the 8 SP 3 Administrators Guide, on page : 146

The entry is called ShowAllMaxResults

I just tried it on my server in the office, and it works a treat (I set it to 750, and I just had to close and re-open Outlook)
Working for cloudficient.com

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6
I'm not using Outlook, I'm using advanced search via internet explorer.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
As mentioned by Patrick above Search.asp is limited to those values.
Working for cloudficient.com