cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived emails with lots of people in To field, Unable to Display?

DrDave
Level 4
Hi,

I have some users who archived emails that were sent globally within the origanisation, all the users were in the To field.

EV does not want to open these archived emails in Outlook 2007. It will open them fine externally via OWA or if you change Archive Explorer to "Web browser" from Settings.

Is there a restriction on how many people can be in the To field?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Which version of EV are you running? What version of Outlook is installed on the EV Server? What error message do you receive? There is this one which comes to my mind with your description: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/296572.htm Wayne... you should know better! :)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Nope, there is not.

DrDave
Level 4
Ah, ok. Simple answer.

Thanks

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi Which version of EV are you running? What version of Outlook is installed on the EV Server? What error message do you receive? There is this one which comes to my mind with your description: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/296572.htm Wayne... you should know better! :)

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
My bad, sorry.

I became English so maybe that's the problem now :) I better say British or Ill get my head chopped off.

I am officially British now, even have the paper to prove it :p

DrDave
Level 4
We are running EV2007 SP5 (Soon to be going to 8.0SP1).
Outlook 2003 SP2 is on the server, BUT SP3 was installed by mistake and then removed.

The error message that we get is the same as Number3 under Known Issues on that support doc.

Should we install those MS Outlook Hotfixes, or wait until we have upgraded to 8.0SP1 ?

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
When are you planning on roiling with v8? If soon, I would just wait for v8 SP1 to be honist.

DrDave
Level 4
Within the next month we should have upgraded.

Is Outlook 2003/2007 still needed on the EV server? If so, can you use Outlook 2007 SP2 yet?

MichelZ
Level 6
Yes, still needed, and probably will be for some time ;) SP2 is not supported yet. (That would be VERY early) ;) You can always check with the compatibility guide: ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf Cheers