cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving No Longer Working - Manually or Scheduled

AdamTodd
Level 2
We recently reached 99GB for our VaultStore and now vaulting is no longer working. Have attempted to run manual archiving tasks, but still will not archive any enabled mailboxes. Any ideas of suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Is the archiving task started?
Is the archiving task in report mode?
When it runs,does it log anything in the event log?

AdamTodd
Level 2
Yes
No
Nothing at all
I ran it in report mode and one particular user has over 80,000 items available for archiving.

I was able to get it to run on one user and it vauled 3MB and stopped again.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
So is EV still in backup (read only mode?)

AdamTodd
Level 2
No it is not - I cleared backup mode and have rebooted the server.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If you say it vaulted some items and then stopped then were no errors logged at this point?
If not then I suggest that you setup a DTRACE of the archivetask process and either do a run now against one user that you know has eligible items for archive or leave to run over the schedule and post
Also check the status of your MSMQ's. Do the queues have a lot of items on them?
WHat version of EV are we dealing with here?
What type of archiving have you got configured? Quota based, Age or both (IF on EV8)

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There has to be something in the Eventlog, the Task does not just stop.

Are you able to archive something from the Client side? (Using the "Store in Archive" button?)

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Also, make sure your EV event log is set to override entries as needed.  I have seen it be the case where it is set to delete after 7 days but the Event log is at the upper limit of the size allocated and no new events are logged.

Cheers,

AdamTodd
Level 2
EV Event Log is working fine - but still not vaulting at all.

Sorry for the late replies - got tied up with some other items.