cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments prompting for user credentials

kunalraiker
Level 2
Hi ,

When my users try to open attachments from archived e-mails it prompts them for credentials to be entered, we are using office 2007,vista sp2,exchange 2003 sp2,enterprise vault 7.

Please can someone assist.

Thanks,

Kunal
1 REPLY 1

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Not one I have personally come across. I am taking it that a user is double clicking on the shortcut in outlook and the mail is being retrieved successfully and when they then double click on the attachment they get prompted. Is that correct? Do they not get prompted when double clicking on the shortcut if that is the case? Do you have offline vault configured?

Can you switch client logging to maximum, Repeat the behavior and post the log.

Also looking at the compatibility list your environment is unsupported. For whatever reason Vista SP2 (x86) for EV7 is pending certification and if you are on Vista (x64) this is unsupported. ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

Might be worth downloading EV2007 and trying an EV2007 client to see if you get the same behavior as that is supported. Being prompted for credentials though should not be anything to do with the EV client. This is usually an IE, IIS or proxy sort of issue.