cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically enable mailbox is not working

payoun
Level 4
I  have a EV2007 installed and defined a provisionning group with a target a Windows group that contains several NT users. I clicked the check box to automatically enable the mailboxes but it doesn't work. of course the i have restarted the provisionning task but no chance to see the mailboxes enabled automatically .

Did i miss something ?
Peter
11 REPLIES 11

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited
hi
are you sure the task is in normal mode?
properties of task uncheck "run in report mode"

then run again and check the log files in the report dir

payoun
Level 4
the tasks are running in normal mode. i did a restart of the server, run the task dozens of time nothing happened.
I even added only users in the provisionning group and not NT group but same effect. the mailboxes are not enabled automatically.

Can anyone explain why ?
Thanks,
Peter

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you do a run now for the archive task what state show for those users you added?

How have you determined the users are not enabled?

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
Make sure the users are not in a provisioning group higher up in the order.  EV sets a user's provisioning group based on the first provisioning group that the user qualifies for.

If "Entire Exchange Organization" was the target in the provisioning group ranked 1st.  Then any provisioning groups that followed would not apply to users in that org.

Large target groups and such should usually be lower in the rankings.  Smaller groups and individuals with provisioning groups should be higher so they take precedence first.

payoun
Level 4
I did a run now on the archive task those users are new and  not enabled as expected !
The scenarion is very simple:
there is only one group in the provisionning  group that contains a NT Group ( which has several NT users), when you select the check box, Automatically enable mailboxes, then the next time the task run and the provisionnig group  those mailboxes are enabled automatically.
am i right ?

Peter

payoun
Level 4
I have only one provisionning group so this is not the issue .

Peter

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited
you need to add the user to the provisioning group, then run the provisioning task.
that makes the users known to EV. Now you need to run the Exchange Mailbox Archiving task.
This task will enable the users.

regards

andra_christie
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Just wondering if the mailboxes you are trying to auto enable are brand new or for existing users (want to know if the mailboxes have been initialized or logged into at least once?)

payoun
Level 4
they are new mailboxes for the EV system but something weird since i just saw the mailboxalias in the ArchiveRetreivalTask table is alias name  , i switched to smtp:ev@company.com and everything started to work, enabling automically kicks now. But after restart of the EV svcs it come back to alias. :(
Is there any explication why ?

Using SQL2005 SP2

thanks,
Peter

Daniel_R_
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hello,

Some times the automatic enable mailboxes  not work because the mailbox is out from limits in exchange, you should check this,

Regards,

Dany R.

payoun
Level 4
What do you mean exactly ? the system mailbox should have a mailbox quota ?

Peter