cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of closed partition

Fabrizio_Fiamme
Level 3

Hi,

i tried to read some previous post, but I did not found any solution.

I've some huge closed partiton. I read that i can backup them les frequently than opened partition.

I use backup exec, my question is following :

I would create a new job for closed partition, is it enough to select closed partition, or should i include :

- Directory DB

- Fingerprint database

- Vault store DB

- Index locations

- monitoring DB ?

Selections.PNG

I would say only closed partition, as other object are backed up daily.

And i presume that in case of a restore after a disaster, i should restore first closed partition and then the daily backup

Can you confirm ?

Many thanks in advance

Fabrizio Fiammenghi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

based on everything you have laid out, i would agree that you can have a seperate job for the closed partitions. the databases should be backed up daily along with your open partitions. the restore order is more important in terms of full and then incremental or whatever. less in terms of closed first then open partitions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

based on everything you have laid out, i would agree that you can have a seperate job for the closed partitions. the databases should be backed up daily along with your open partitions. the restore order is more important in terms of full and then incremental or whatever. less in terms of closed first then open partitions.

Fabrizio_Fiamme
Level 3

Hi Andrew,

as long as we can we do full backup job.

In that case the order of restore i mentioned is correct ?

Tks

Fabrizio

AndrewB

what's important is that all the components are restored to the same point in time. the order isnt relevant because you need them all before you can fire up the EV services and access your date.