cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Unarchive a Mailbox

Dean_ASH
Not applicable

Anyone know how I can do a complete unarchive of an individual mailbox. My company is considering a complete company wide unarchive to support moving our Exhange email to offsite management. The vendors have no solution on how to handle the archived mail.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can use the Export Archive Wizard.  Choose Archives to their original mailboxes and work through the wizard.

Starting the export with the Export Archive wizard

When you are ready to export archived items to PST files or mailboxes, follow the instructions below to start the Export Archive wizard.

To start the export

1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.
  2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.
  3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export.

See About the Export Archive wizard

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37346

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can use the Export Archive Wizard.  Choose Archives to their original mailboxes and work through the wizard.

Starting the export with the Export Archive wizard

When you are ready to export archived items to PST files or mailboxes, follow the instructions below to start the Export Archive wizard.

To start the export

1. In the left-hand pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Archives icon.
  2. On the shortcut menu, click Export.
  3. Work through the Export Archive wizard to complete the export.

See About the Export Archive wizard

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37346

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how many archives and how much data are you talking about here? while it's true that there's a built in process to export archives, it's very slow, manual, cumbersome, and does not address all requirements of a migration. unless you only have a small number of archives to deal with, i would recommend to evaluate the migration solutions that we have to offer.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is anything else needed on this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com