Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Items

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Greetings All,

I have been experiencing this problem for a while now. Calendar items are being archived continuously for the same item. I am about at my wits end and any help would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

A_T_2
Level 4
What version of the vault are you using?
On EV6 or EV5 go to Diretory XXX right click and go to properties then the advanced tab. I don't know if it is different on EV 7.

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
6SP3

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
what has support done so far?

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
They have gone through my mailbox policy settings, namely the following two settings "do not archive pending reminders" and "archive unexpired calendar events". The first is set to "on" and the latter is "off". They also asked if items were being deleted upon archival and yes they are. Support thought that maybe the policy wasn't being propagated to the user so they had me zap the mailbox and reenable but I am still getting dup items.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Weird...is that just one user, or all users in your environment?

micah

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
It actually began with several 6505 "saveset decompression" errors in the event log. Upon investigating these files, I noticed that there were many instances of the same file, only truncated with a ~1 or ~2, etc. None of these dvs files can be opened. However, there is a .bak file that can be opened if the extension is changed to .dvs. After tracking down the owner of the item, and searching their archive it was discovered that there are about 200 instances of the same message being archived.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Ug,
I'd start at the source then and clean out those identical objects at the mailbox. Then do a restore and re-archive to see if it starts the problem anew.

micah