Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't manually archive another user's mailbox

WallySimmonds
Level 3
Partner
Hey guys,

This probably is a very simple problem, but I'm offsite so can't do any real testing at this stage and just wanted to get some ideas before I went down onsite.

We've recently had an upgrade from Evault 6 sp4 to Evault 2007 and some of the client's helpdesk guys say they've lost the ability to archive another user's mailbox in Outlook (2003 client I believe).  From Evault's perspective they've power administrator access, and I suspect their AD account information is all okay (I am not the AD administrator of the site, unfortunately)

Basically what happens is the helpdesk guy logs in as himself, opens up the users mailbox in question, highlights an item and attempts to archive.  At this point he's asked for credentials, which he enters, we get a little clock item on the email and then it's back to where he started.  

The Windows admins onsite (I'm presuming they have full Exchange admin rights as well) are able to do this task, and as far as Evault is concerned they have the same level of access.  Obviously within AD they are quite different, though.  It does seem wierd that the helpdesk guys were albe to do this prior to the upgrade, and our Evault expert states that it was probably a bug that allowed them to do this initially and that has been closed up in this version.  I'm not confident that's the case, but we shall see.

Any ideas?  I appreciate this is a bit of a dumb question, but I'm relatively new to Evault and would appreciate some help.  Any questions, fire away :)

Cheers,
Brendan
3 REPLIES 3

WallySimmonds
Level 3
Partner

No takers?

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Have a look at the Mailbox policy -> Advanced -> Outlook. Is "Allow script in shared folders" enabled? This has to be enabled for it to work. Have you checked the eventlog on the server? Anything unusual? It doesn't seem to be a permission problem, as the client would say this usually. Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Brendan,

Please use the correct terminology, there is no such product as “EVault” its Enterprise Vault or EV for short.

I would strongly look at permissions. Does the admin in question have access to the users archive?  Archives --> Properties --> Permissions ?