cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot recall file from placeholder after done DR site

algo77
Level 3
Dear Folks

I have tested DR EV 2007 server with FSA on file server ( all in one SQL and EV are on the same server) by using veritas replicate exec 3.1 by replicate all SQL DB(EnterprisevaultDirectory,Vaultstore and EnterprisevaultMonitoring) , index and vault store from EVmaster to EVsecond. After replecation, I did change DNS evserver alias name  from EVmaster to EVsecond on AD. Then attach all DBs to SQL server on EVsecond then change Enterprise Valult Directory DB in Computerentry table by changing Computername Computernamealternate from EVmaster to EVsecond.
Then start configure Enterprise Vaults on EVsecond. It show message
This computer was already found in the directory, but some of the Enterprise vault need repairing.
The repairing was complete successfully  your computer is now fully configured.
Then I open admin console and check all info. It show as same as EVmaster.  When I do serch archive I can see all items on both admin console and Archive Explorer.
But My problem happened when I could not retrive file from placeholder on file server the error say
remote storage service can not able to recall the file. When I try to open file in Archive Explorer it just waiting and show nothing. In event viewer say can not open url http://evsecond/enterprisevault/xxxxxxxx.......

Did I miss any steps during DR setup that make this error happen? can anyone give me advise?
I have done all these on VMware testing Env.

Thank you a lot

Algo77
1 REPLY 1

MarkB_2
Level 4
I think the problem is with the URL which is stored in the placeholder itself. It will be referencing the original EV server (EVMaster) and not find it as your DR server is EVSecond.

I think in a DR situation you should attempt to replicate the original server including name etc as a lot of the shortcuts and placeholders have references to them.

If this is a test environment why not add another CNAME so EVMaster references EVSecond??

It might be worth logging a case with support too.

Mark