cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Anonymous Internet User - EV OWA no longer functions

MKJ
Level 4
I have had to change the user that our web sites function under for anonymous access. In doing this, the OWA EV functions no longer work. The full Outlook clients work just fine and the web client used to work fine. I have set the username up on the EVAnon virtual directory. I have reboot, re-synchronized, etc and still cannot get it to work correctly. It will pull up the item, but only has to, from and subject info. Regular non-archived mail comes up properly. I am getting a couple of error messages in the event log. I'll paste them in at the bottom. I'm running Exchagne 2003 SP2 and EV 6 SP1.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm going crazy trying to find where to set new permissions to make this work.

Thank you,

Kelly

Event Type:Error
Event Source:Enterprise Vault
Event Category:Agent Client Broker
Event ID:2778
Date:1/31/2006
Time:4:03:17 PM
User:N/A
Computer:EVSERVER
Description:
The error c0041801 occurred whilst calling the method CArchivingAgentQueue::RestoreItem()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

and ...

Event Type:Warning
Event Source:Enterprise Vault
Event Category:Agent Client Broker
Event ID:6941
Date:1/31/2006
Time:4:03:17 PM
User:N/A
Computer:EVSERVER
Description:
Client request refused due to insufficient privileges, user EVSERVER\NEWIUSR_MACHINENAME attempted to access the Archive Folder:

Archive name: USERNAME
Archive folder path: \Inbox
Vault Id: 110F7939CEC8B3F4CBABA04C1A7F4DF931110000evserveralias.tamu.edu but does not have permission(s) (Read).
A frequent cause of this Warning is a user attempting an operation on a forwarded, moved, or copied shortcut to a Vault for which they do not have the required permission(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

The shortcut was not moved, rename or altered in any way. It comes up jsut find in the full Outlook client.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
did you change the registry key under HKCU\software\kvs\enterprise vault for the anon user?

I believe it is called AnonymousUser.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
did you change the registry key under HKCU\software\kvs\enterprise vault for the anon user?

I believe it is called AnonymousUser.

MKJ
Level 4
The anon user I was speaking of was the IIS internet anon user..the iusr_machinename user. But...after reading your post you did give me an idea. I ran through the config for the web extensions on the EV server again and it fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
You probably were missing the reg key for the anonymous user on the EV server. Running the config again would have corrected it.