Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 OWA, SEV 8.0.3 and Safari

Danny_EV
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hello all,

According to the current compatibility list Safari support on OWA 2007 in combination with Enterprise Vault 8.0.3 is in a pending state. To my interpretation this means as much as "it should work, but we are testing it to be sure it works enough to grant official support". However, there is no documentation on what should work and what not. Therefore I had hoped this means that everything should work including archive search and explorer.

Currently we have a SEV 8.0.3 clustered environment in combination with Exchange 2007 sp2 CAS servers. This is published through a Microsoft TMG firewall. Everything is working perfectly through Internet explorer browser using link translation and the external url function in SEV. When using a Safari (or Firefox) browser in combination with the OWA light button we can open archived messages through the shortcut. When we click the 'search archives' button it requests the https://publicwebsite.com/enterprisevault/searcho2k.asp?vaultid=blablabla search page which 1 stays empty in Safari and 2 generates a parsing xslt stylesheet error in Mozilla Firefox. When I modify the url to https://publicwebsite.com/enterprisevault/search.asp?vaultid=blablabla I get to the Enterprise Vault "browser search" page. From there I can search, archive and restore items from the vault. The archive explorer does not work at all stating that IE6 or later is required.

I have created a support call at Symc, but the support department states they cannot help me because support is in a pending state, nor will they tell me what functions I should expect now in the pending state or in the future supported state. This makes it hard to see if I have done the maximum possible to give the best experience for the end user. Can other SEV 8 users tell me if they got the search function on the OWA page working for non-IE browsers and perhaps tell what they have done to get it to work?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Danny
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
It does not include OWA testing/certification.  A change is planned for the guide to make this clearer.
Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Danny,
I believe your assumption is incorrect.  Pending does not mean it should work but rather it might work.

You do not want to use searcho2k.asp as that is what is used for the Outlook integrated search. 

Regards,
Tony

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 Can you tell me which entries you are referring to in the compatibility charts?

The references to Safari that I see, don't relate to OWA.

Danny_EV
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Tony,

searcho2.asp is the default page that gets requested using owa full (in a frame) or light clients (in a new screen) when you use the 'search archives' button.

Hi Rob,

Yesterday I couldn't open the compatibility list, probably because Symc was updating it. But in the list of march 8th I see references to Safari/Firefox on page 19 and 41. On page 41 under 'legacy mac client support' I see a remark for safari 2.0.4 on Enterprise 7.0 and 7.5 that AE and integrated search doesn't work. However, this remark is not applied on SEV 8.0 and newer safari and firefox clients. Therefore I assumed that this should work now.

Have any of you tried to see what the results are when you try an alternative browser?

Regards, Danny

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Danny,

The guide is easy to misinterpret, I think.

On page 41, under Mac Client Browsers this is refering to support for Safari and Firefox as part of the Mac client extensions, not OWA 2007.  In addition it is pending for firefox, not supported.

On page 19, both Safari and Firefox are pending.  I'm not sure if this includes testing/support for OWA, or not.  I will try to find out.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
It does not include OWA testing/certification.  A change is planned for the guide to make this clearer.