cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing or adding new archiving target(s)???

Marvin_Cummin1
Level 3
When KVS ver6.0 was initially installed I opted to select "Whole Exchange Organization" as the target archive. Since doing this I've only added and archived one group, the IT group, for testing into this target using the default exchange mailbox policy. I'm now ready to start archiving the rest of the corporate users but would like to use OU's since this is how we have the users and departments assigned in AD. My question is can I start adding OU's as archiving targets, do I have to continue to use the Whole exchange organization target, or do I have to delete this target and start creating OU's? The signs tell me that I can start using OU's but I want to be certain this is indeed the case. Therefore any responses are appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
You can just go ahead and add the various OU's as you require. Remember that the point of the OU targets is for more policy granularity to be applied to those users mailboxes.

That is, if you wanting users in the 'Sales' OU to have a retention category of XX years as opposed to the Whole org having the default 'Business' category, different shortcut content, etc.

If this is not what you are intending then you will not achieve anything significant by creating OU targets.

Cheers

Marvin_Cummin1
Level 3
I am using different retention categories. Thanks for confirming this for me.