cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking failed to archive mailbox in Exchange Server 2007 ?

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

Hello Everyone,

I have several random users which their mailboxes grows very large, I don't know why but all of the user emails here in the domain "supposedly" archived every six months and it shouldn't be that big ?

I wonder if the archiving job is currently failing for these users and would like to know where to get the information that i can look for failed mailbox archive process.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There are a few things to look at but first do a Run Now in report mode against one of those users.  The report will tell you if there are elgilble items in the mailbox.

Also, is the policy set to archive Deleted Items?  I have seen users use Deleted Items as a file cabinet so that could be a reason.  Also, if there are message classes in the mailbox the EV doesn't archive, etc..

Start with the report, if it looks like it should archive items then do the run now in normal mode and see what it grabs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There are a few things to look at but first do a Run Now in report mode against one of those users.  The report will tell you if there are elgilble items in the mailbox.

Also, is the policy set to archive Deleted Items?  I have seen users use Deleted Items as a file cabinet so that could be a reason.  Also, if there are message classes in the mailbox the EV doesn't archive, etc..

Start with the report, if it looks like it should archive items then do the run now in normal mode and see what it grabs.

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

ok, suppose I found the problem in thatparticular user, is it possible to run the EV archive job for the affected users only ?

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Yes - on the appropriate archive task in the VAC:

Right click and select Run Now,

Select Archiving and Archive All Items, then select Archive selected mailboxes.  Click OK

In the next dialog select the mailboxes you want to archive and click OK.

This will post jobs to the A3 queue and takes priority over the normal scheduled archiving.

Regards

Karl