cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converter Sandbox

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Do any of you know exactly what the EVConverterSandbox.exe process does?
I tried looking in the EV documentation but found nothing. There are times during the day were this process pegs the CPU and Memory on our EV server. Also, there seems to be between 13-20 instances of this process running at the same time - is that normal?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I believe it is the process that actually archives an item. The number of processes should relate to the number of processes you have configured for the Storage service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I believe it is the process that actually archives an item. The number of processes should relate to the number of processes you have configured for the Storage service.

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
You'll see a few of these get busy when EV archives messages with attachments. Basically, the Indexing server (A.K.A Alta Vista) understands text and HTML, but not PDF, XLS etc. Therefore EV has to convert attachments using INSO filters (over 300 attachment types supported) into html or text before the attachment can be indexed.

Nothing to worry about here.

Andrew_Tankersl
Level 6
Thanks - Good to know

I would guess then that this ties directly to the 6630 events in the aplication log.

Thanks for your help