cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create date vs Received date

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
So here's something weird I saw in the field that I could use a hand on. User rebuilt their exch server after a DR (don't ask why). The receive dates of the emails are all years old, but the "create" dates are all young cause of the restore. EV won't archive them as it's basing it's age policy off the create date.

Now I always thought that it based it's age policy pull on the received date, but here's a situation where that's not true. So does EV base it's policy pull on the create and not the receive date...or is there like a regkey somewhere that got flipped?

micah
9 REPLIES 9

Martin_Widemann
Level 4
Hi everybody,

i�ve got the same problem with a Testsystem where i load some Mails via Pullmail from some Testmailboxes into the Exchange Server. EV also won�t archive this mails. If anybody know a good solution for this problem please let me know.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Try using this regkey and let me know if it works out for us:

HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents
IgnoreEVDates

0 = Off
1 = Ignore Archived date
2 = Ignore Restored date
3 = Ignore both Archived and Restored date

micah

Martin_Widemann
Level 4
Hi Micah,

i tried this Reg. Value�s but they don�t work. Still no archive for my Demo User. Normally all Items older than 12 Day�s should be archived but in the case, that EV takes the creation Date within Exchange not the sending Date it wouldn�t archive anything.

Also i thing this Reg. Key is not for this Problem, the value�s are Archived and Restored Date. I think this is a value when handle with retreived Items from Vault.

Maybe if we can figure out how and where EV checks the Date of the Message we can find a solution.

Martin_Widemann
Level 4
And for your problem, what type of Backup Software your customer uses? For Example: If using NetVault, you can restore the Mails with the original Date if set the required Option during Restore. Maybe if your customers Backup Software can do this in the same way you can fix the problem with an second Restore of the Data with the right option set.

Martin_Widemann
Level 4
Ok just for Info for everybody. I�ve got the Info from Symantec Support that Enterprise Vault uses the Creation Date and that there is no way to change this.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
God that's lame.

*le sigh* I guess it's something we should post in to the suggestions box for the next version.

micah

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Not sure whom you spoke with, but this is the order we used to archive by, I am checking to see if that is still the case.

LAST MODIFICATION TIME (only if the item has been archived or restored previously otherwise the next 3 attributes in order)

MESSAGE DELIVERY TIME

CLIENT SUBMIT TIME

CREATION TIME

If the first doesn't exist it moves onto the next etc, if none of them exist then it will fail.

Documents/attachments:
LAST MODIFICATION TIME
CREATION TIME

Normally the Last Modification will be blank, but in your case you have restored the messages so I think that quailifies as a modification.

regards,

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Tony,

Is there a regkey or setting that will let us skip last mod, and hit message delivery instead?

micah

Martin_Widemann
Level 4
hhhhmmm sounds like a Filter and the using of EVPM..... that could be a solution i will try this and let you alle know if it works...

Oh, this would be my first EVPM Script.... give me some time :)