cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom filtering help

Andy_H
Level 3
Hi all,

I have configured some simple custom filtering on an EV 8.0.1 Lotus Domino test environment, this is to stop EV archiving things like automated server messages, virus alerts etc.. 

The filtering rules are specified in "Default Filter Rules.xml".  All of this works fine for journal archiving - the messages are succesfully filtered (and left in the journal mailbox).

But what happens when these emails hit the users mailbox.  The Domino mailbox archiving task will pick these up and archive them, how can I apply my Default Filter Rules.xml to the Domino Mailbox Archiving tasks too?

Any help would be appreciated as the documentation is not very clear on this.

Andy.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Andy,

Sorry to say this, but you can't use custom filtering on Domino Mailbox Archiving - it's for Domino Journalling only.

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Andy,

Sorry to say this, but you can't use custom filtering on Domino Mailbox Archiving - it's for Domino Journalling only.

John

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you think your users will leave these items in the mailbox long enough to be archived?  Just curious.

Also, if your users do leave these items in the mailbox and you don't archive them they could build up in the mailbox and cause growth. :)