Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete FSA Archiv. What happend with Dedup Files

Thomas_L_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

i have an question abaout deleting an FSA Archiv in 10.0.4. What happend or what have i to to when i delete an Archiv in the console. I test this and have problems to open files that are deduplicate. I create 2 Shares with same files EVdata01 and EVdata02. I archiv both directorys in an archiv 01 and 02.

when i delete Archiv02 which has the same files than 01. does Enterprise vault know this an let the files on storage? Or have i run fsautil or else after delete an archiv so that all Data on EVdata01 are working ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Enterprise vault SIS model does not delete first copy of archive item untill all references get deleted.

That's the same even if you device level sharing (centera or other machnism).

http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/whitepaper-enterprise-vault-80-optimized-single-instance-storage-osis

So if you have same item present in two archives (archive01 & archive02), EV will keep single item in storage and keep track of all references. Once both reference gets deleted then only from storage it gets delete.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

EV tracks the items that are shared and doesn't actually delete the items off disk until the last shared reference is removed.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Enterprise vault SIS model does not delete first copy of archive item untill all references get deleted.

That's the same even if you device level sharing (centera or other machnism).

http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/whitepaper-enterprise-vault-80-optimized-single-instance-storage-osis

So if you have same item present in two archives (archive01 & archive02), EV will keep single item in storage and keep track of all references. Once both reference gets deleted then only from storage it gets delete.

Thomas_L_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks you all for Infos. Thats what i want to hear :)