cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted "Mailbox" under "Archive" in EV Admin Console by accident - Help

Richard_Chiou
Level 2
Help, this is first time I post, please let me know if you need more information, thanks.

I accidently deleted the "Mailbox" under the "Archive" in EV Admin console (EV60 SP1, SQL2000 SP3a, Windows 2003 Std). It didn't confirm the change and removed it without a question.

I then quickly stopped the SQL server and called their Symantec helpdesk. I am not sure what's the impact of deleting the "Mailbox". Is the full server recovery required to get our EV server back online?

I do have Sunday Full backup for the EV server but was hoping if we don't need to do the full server recovery.

Thanks.

Richard Chiou
1 REPLY 1

Richard_Chiou
Level 2
Hi
I am not sure why but the problem goes away after I started up the SQL server, and EV services. The missing "Mailbox" object in EV Admin Console showed up again when I clicked on the different shortcut - the one in "Enterprise Vault" folder in the "Start" -> "Programs" - > "Enterprise Vault" in stead of the one on the desktop. I could not repeat the same action any more (to delete the Mailbox" object) in the EV Admin Console.

Talked to Tech Support and she think to delete the data, EV should confirm before the deletion - like delete the archive you should be asked before it done so.

I verified the mailbox archives still accessible. And it seem like just a user interface error.

They will keep this case open until end of today.
Anyway, we are doing OK for now I guess.

Richard Chiou

So I am not sure what happen why