cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Age Based Archiving Rules for Folders in the same Mailbox

Elio_C
Level 6

Following up on a previous post (https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/evpm-ini-file-archive-additional-message-class). We currently archive Exchange mailboxes, specified message classes over 90 days old. This works as expected.

I'd now like to add Calendar items over 2 years old, I don't think this is easily achievable using the standard policies and settings. To test this out I have created a new mailbox policy including IPM.Appointment items and applied this to my test mailbox. So far so good.

I then used the below EVPM INI file to set the age based archive policy on the Calendar folder:

[Directory] 
DirectoryComputerName = EVARC-EM1-01
SiteName = Enterprise Vault - EM

[Filter]
Name = 2YearCalendar
CreateShortcut = False
DeleteOriginal = True
UnreadMail = True
UseInactivityPeriod = True
InactivityUnits = Months
InactivityPeriod = 24

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName = LegacyExchnageDN of target mailbox

[Folder]
Name = Calendar
FilterName = 2YearCalendar
OverrideArchiveLocks = True

EVPM processed successfully. I ran provisioning and mailbox synchronisation and tried a Run Now archive, but no calendar items are archived.

Is there a way to verify the policy is applied to the test mailbox? and any ideas on achieving the differing age based archiving on different folders.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elio_C
Level 6

This is resolved.

My INI file was fine however the content of my test Calendar folder did not include any qualifying* items over 24 months old.

I also found the following post https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev9-there-way-create-different-mailbox-vaulting-polic... which included a further example of the INI file.

* it looks like current recurring appointments are not in scope.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Elio_C
Level 6

Further, from the documentation:

UseInactivityPeriod

Mandatory, unless Filtername in the [Folder] section is set to SystemDefault or DoNotArchive. 

When you use UseInactivityPeriod and UsePercentageQuota, you must set at least one of them to true.

UseInactivityPeriod specifies whether to use age-based archiving.

If you use this setting, you must specify Name = mailboxroot in the [Folder] section that references the filter. 

Possible values:

true (use age-based archiving)

false (do not use age-based archiving)

the line that says "If you use this setting, you must specify Name = mailboxroot in the [Folder] section that references the filter." does this mean that these type of settings can only apply to entire mailboxes not individual folders.

Thanks,

Elio_C
Level 6

This is resolved.

My INI file was fine however the content of my test Calendar folder did not include any qualifying* items over 24 months old.

I also found the following post https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/ev9-there-way-create-different-mailbox-vaulting-polic... which included a further example of the INI file.

* it looks like current recurring appointments are not in scope.