cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss:Enterprise Vault event log, how could we improve them?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I would like to use this topic to discuss the information that Enterprise Vault writes in the event log.  In particular, I would like to hear from you about events that are just very common and annoying (and perhaps you feel are pointless) (so lets see if we can remove them/fix the issue) or are confusing(so lets see if we can get you an explanation or improve the text in the event , or ones which you investigate but really much more information needs to be added to the event to help give you context for it so you can better troubleshoot it.

I don't want this topic to turn into a 'hey i just got this event today can you explain it' as I think we'll loose the plot otherwise.  Instead lets at least talk about ones you see fairly often. 

Looking forward to the discussion.

Cheers,
Mike
20 REPLIES 20

Sortid
Level 6
I'd like to see some more detail around the failed to extract cab messages.  It notes the dvs file but i want to see details of the archived file it's trying to extract so I can trace who is trying to pull which file out of the system.  Helps when partitions get full and I can trace if a process or a copy job is running.