cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much space does your Vault Cache folder(on the server) on EV8 take?

Merv
Level 6
Partner
According to documentation it should take around 20 GB if not all users are enabled for Vault Cache. What if we have 200 users all enabled for Vault Cache and no size limits on their archives.

I expect their archive sizes to grow by about 1 GB per year. Anyone can share their current Vault Cache sizes and number of users in your env. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
It shouldn't take much more than that, it anywhere near it - IIRC there is a limit set, think it is 20, to the number of clients who can download their VC simultaneously.

And once the VC has been downloaded to the client successfully - it will be deleted from the EV server.

The other thing to note - after the first download, there should be minimal downloading of VC data if pre-emptive archiving is enabled under VC settings.

The cache is also used by PST Migration, and FSA Archiving when the target is a Celerra.

Merv
Level 6
Partner
Thanks Chris. However I googled the number of clients which can sumultaneously connect and it looks like 100..any one got any other figures?

However i doubt that 100 are going to be connecting at the same time in a 200 user env..and as Chris mentioned there is going to be minimal downloading if a client syncs like once a day..The important will be the first downloads after a first archiving of backlog probably need to be staggered.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/simple-overview-vault-cache-how-it-works-and-troubl...

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi Merv

You can set up a maximum of 99 concurrent updates (properties of the Vault server, Cache tab) - the default is 30.

John

Merv
Level 6
Partner
 Hi John,

Thanks for the info. Just found the options myself. 30 sounds reasonable for my env. Thanks Again! :)