cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive (D:\), where are EV Stores, is restricted for system vault user

apomazkin
Level 5

Sometimes(i gues, after shutdown) drive, where EV Stores and their partition are placed, don't accessed for vault user. rights are redused. only local administrators has access in secutity tab in option of drive(D:\).

In spite of vault account is member of local administrator group, it can't access to drive. after i manually set rights in security tab for vault account - it has access to files on drive.

this is important for me, because i use file "IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt" to alarm that backup of store drive is successfull. new file "IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt" didn't make and day after shortcuts didn't make.

Why system lose access right for this drive? What can i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Actually I heard of a case where EV sets the rights like that for the Server cache location, and a customer kept having rights taken away and it ended up that EV was doing the reset itself
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Assuming that the D:\ is a local drive on the machine, then I'd contact Microsoft to ask why this is happening.

Working for cloudficient.com

apomazkin
Level 5

yes. this is local drive.

and can't vault restrict rights itself? i don't know... may be for security etc?

its only microsoft issue?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

99.9% sure that EV won't be causing this problem, the only security related option in EV is on the properties of the Vault Store partition:

..  But that is always on the 'subfolder' where the partition data resides, not the top level folder.  And the permissions/security that EV sets ALLOWS it access.

Put another way.

You have a folder which administrators have access to ...  Vault Admin Acccount is a member of that group... and can't access the files inside the folder...  that's definitely a Microsoft/Windows issue, not EV.

Working for cloudficient.com

apomazkin
Level 5

thanks, Rob

i'll search an answer in microsoft issue.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Actually I heard of a case where EV sets the rights like that for the Server cache location, and a customer kept having rights taken away and it ended up that EV was doing the reset itself
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146