Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 10 Journaling

AmitDebroy
Level 3

Hi Guys,

Need help with below EV Jornaling queries:

Can we restore an email using EV journaling? if yes how?

What is the recommended frequency of EV journal task to archive the domino journal mailboxes?

Do we need to have a seperate SQL server for EV Journaling server or can we use the one which is already used by 2 x EVDG servers for mail archiving?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Answers inline:

Can we restore an email using EV journaling? if yes how?

- AFAIK its No, you can export the archived emails from Domino Journal archive using EVDominoExporter tool.

What is the recommended frequency of EV journal task to archive the domino journal mailboxes?

- AFAIK, default is 60 seconds which is good enough

Do we need to have a seperate SQL server for EV Journaling server or can we use the one which is already used by 2 x EVDG servers for mail archiving?

- Not required, you can use same SQL server for journal archiving and mailbox archiving. Symantec recommends to keep Vault stores seperate for journal and mailbox archived data.

I hope this helps.

AmitDebroy
Level 3
Thanks a lot.. Do i need to use DA or clearwell with EV? In domino we create a special user ID that encrypts the emails in journal database.Email can only be seen using this special ID private keys. How we can access the emails once archived in vault store by EV?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Well to export the archived items from Journal archive, you dont need DA or clearwell, you can just use EVDominoExporter tool. But if you want to pick certain emails from journal archive using some filters then Yes you can use DA with EV.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

And you can use same special ID to access those emails

AmitDebroy
Level 3
What is the authentication type for standard search GUI provided in EV ? Can i login using the notes username and password(Special User ID)?

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

For standard search which is http://evservername/enterprisevault/search.asp

EV uses Windows Authentication. So you should grant VSA full rights on Domino Journal archive and search using VSA credentials.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

When I say you can use same special encryption ID file to access those archived emails, I mean you will need to export them using dominoexporter to an NSF database and then access the database using that ID file in notes.