09-09-2015 01:29 AM
i am doing server driven pst archiving it always fails with below error, if i go to archives i can see the archived files
11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Number of retries after a networking error: 7
11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Delay time before a retry after a networking error: 1 Day
11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Location of the holding folder: \\EV\pst holder
11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Location of the temporary files folder: \\EV\E$\pst migrate
11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Number of concurrent migrations: 10
11/1/2015 6:52:48 PM Archive attribute reset denotes a PST has been backed up: False
** 11/1/2015 7:56:33 PM Could not get PST migration status of PST \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\Users\test\Desktop\alitest.pst: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) **
** 11/1/2015 7:56:33 PM PST migration of \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\Users\test\Desktop\alitest.pst: Error 0x80004005 **
** 11/1/2015 7:56:33 PM Failed to create PstMigrationHistory record for PST \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\Users\test\Desktop\alitest.pst : The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
09-09-2015 07:31 AM
Can you reach the share/path \\OUTLOOK-TEST\C$\ with the EV service account and/or the service account specified in the PST Migrator task ?
09-09-2015 10:43 PM
yes i can reach it, also it i can see it on pst Holder and migrator folder on the EV server.
09-10-2015 12:22 AM
if run task more than once and change the job priority it will finish successfully, and I can see the archives
the question is why It don’t finish from the first run and gave the RPC error.
09-10-2015 11:23 AM
- Was the workstation online at the first try ?
- Was Outlook running with PST opened ?
If so, the PST will be in use and EV cannot open it to copy/import data.
09-11-2015 01:18 AM
worksation was online and active
i unmount the pst from outlook before pst migration process
as i told you it copy (collect) the pst from the first hit to the pst hoder folder, but the problem happens on migration phase.
09-16-2015 01:15 AM
I spent 9 months on a server driven PST migration project on EV10 and used to get this on average around 1 in every 15 pst files. Resuming the migration would fix the problems but sometimes it would need to be done multiple times on the same PST file. I spent ages troubleshooting it to no avail but in the end I just ended up living with it and got on with the project.