cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 2007 SP3 upgrade issue

Sortid
Level 6

Hi, I am upgrading from EV 2007 SP2 to SP3. I have done this in two environments and got the same issue. The upgrade of the database runs fine.  When I run the EV Reports Configuration utility as the second part of the install, it errors out right at the end saying the installation failed. 

The EVdeployreports.log has a few errors, some saying it could not set the EVReportingrole on the various databases to the service account (which is the owner of all databases and is localadmin on the db server, so has no problem accessing the databases). 

I recreated the report databases using the SQL Reporting Services utility, but it still errors when I try to deploy the updated reports.  But while it tells me it's errored, the reports are actually deployed and I can still run them. 

I'm wondering if other people have seen this?

Thanks,

Cam.

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Haven't seen this before.

I'd suggest that you open a case with Symantec, just to be sure that everything is ok with your installation.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Sortid
Level 6
I logged this with Symantec support.  They came back saying I can ignore the error and everything deployed successfully.  Good times.