cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 6.0 Upgrade from 5.0

Paul_Kohan_2
Level 3
Hello,

Can someone tell me if it is necessary to go to version 6.0 from 5.0SP3 and then install 6.0SP1 afterwards. OR can I go straight from 5.0SP3 to 6.0SP1 using the SP1 download?

Thanks,
Paul
10 REPLIES 10

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes you can go direct but be aware.
In V6 sp1 the facility to convert archives to structured archives is no longer available so make sure that all your archives are structured already.

This is something thing that will affect customers who've upgraded from versions prior to v5. All user archives created in V5 and onwards are structured anyhow so not an issue.

Paul_Kohan_2
Level 3
We started at 5.0 SP3 so we should be fine.

Is there any need for any license file changes? Or will the license files I have in place be just fine for the upgrade?

Thanks,
Paul

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
No. No new licence is required

Paul_Kohan_2
Level 3
Can you tell me if there is any necessary upgrade that needs to be performed on the backend or frontend Exchange mail servers if they are running Exch2003? I see the manual says something about OWA2000 extensions but not OWA2003 specific. Is there no upgrade for those components?

Thanks,
Paul

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
There is no upgrade path for OWA.

You will need to uninstall the extensions, delete the EV virtual directories in IIS on the exchange OWA servers and then install the new extensions as per the install guide.

Lu_K
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi, In a migration planning from EV version 5.0 to 6.0 what to do about Outlook User Extension?
Is Outlook plug-in version 5 compatible con EV version 6?
Viceversa is Outlook plug-in version 6 compatible con EV version 5?

many thanks

Askar_Kopbayev
Level 4
I wouuld tell it is the correct procedure, but installing new OWA extensions on Exchange server without any adjustments also worked fine in our test environment. (I tested it upgrading v5.0 SP3 to v.6)

Lu_K
Level 4
Sorry Askar,
my previous post referres to the Outlook User Extension, and not OWA Extension!

Is mandatory upgrade the Outlook User Extension on 1000 user's pc in the same time will be upgrade the Enterprise Vault server?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Tthe V6 client can be run against v5 and the v5 client can run against the v6 server.

Lu_K
Level 4
I have not a clear understand ! (maybe my bad English...)

anyway:
-if EV client 5.0 works with EV server 5.0
-if EV client 5.0 works with EV server 6.0
-if EV client 6.0 works with EV server 5.0
-if EV client 6.0 works with EV server 6.0

What's the difference between EV client 5.0 and EV client 6.0?