cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 7 with Outlook 2007

Gogeta
Level 4
Hi,

Our desktops currently are running XP and Outlook 2002.  We are switching to Vista and Outlook 2007.  I can open an archived email from Outlook 2007 without problem.  However, the Move to Folder button is greyed out.  When I finally added the Copy to Folder button manually and tried to copy it, it crashed Outlook and caused it to restart.  Any idea why is it happening?  The event log shows it has something to do with AIHOOK.DLL.  Any suggest is appreciated.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
the reason for the button the be greyed out is because when you double click and open an archived item EV is NOT putting it back into exchange but directly to your computer.

As a test, drag an unarchived message from your inbox and put it on your desktop.  Open it, do you see the move to folder option? I do not and I  would not expect to because it is not in Exchange at this point.  Same principle with EV.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
What SP level are you on for EV7 I know SP1 for EV7 supports outlook 2007

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
have you change desktop dpi icon settings?
In my experience I had some problem with ev functionallity with Vista/Office 2007

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
personally i would not go to Vista. I would wait until later in the year and go to Windows 7. It is at RC now and expected to be released before the year is out.

It is way more stable than Vista ever was and is so much faster and nicer to use.

I'm running the RC now and even when it was in Beta it was more stable than Vista

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
I think Windows Vista is stared very very very bad
now I think it is a good product with a bad past

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Try Windows 7 you will think Vista was a April fools day joke

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Enterprise Vault work correctly?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
So far so good for me but i'm sure it wont be supported until the end of this year by Symantec

Gogeta
Level 4
I have EV7 SP1.  In Outlook 2007, the Move to Folder button is greyed out when I open an archived email.  When I open a regular email, the button is clickable.  So some how Outlook 2007 recognizes it is an archived email and the Move to Folder action cannot be done, but why?  Error message mentions AIHOOK.DLL, what does it do?  I googled it and all I found was it has something to do with Quick View Plus add-in.  How do I disable add-in for Outlook 2007?  I am not sure I even have Quick View Plus.

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
On Outlook 2007 go on Tools> Security Center>Add on...
It's a very difficoult location!

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
In your experience, do you think to use Windows 7 before support if there aren't issue?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
a) What's the point of this discussion? What legitimate business customer would appreciate you running beta OS and unsupported software? It's nice for testing purposes or on your own personal hardware.

b) I have to agree with the previous posts about your Vista upgrade. I'm sure XP works perfectly fine for you and you've waited this long so may as well wait until Windows 7 RTMs.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Guys, let's get back on track for the original question here, and discuss Windows 7 in another one... ;) Gogeta, on my Outlook 2007, (on Windows 7... hehe), the button is greyed out, too. I'm using the latest extensions (8.0 SP1), so my answer would be: Works as designed. Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
you are right MichelZ!

Regards
Nicola

Jacqy-x
Level 3

My users have the same issue, we use Outlook 2003 and outlook client 8.0.1.1560 on Windows XP.
If this is really as designed I don't like this...
The point is, You can move the archived items when you are in the list and right click an item, it's just greyed out when you are IN the message.
Could someone make a comment about this?

cheers,
jacqy

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
the reason for the button the be greyed out is because when you double click and open an archived item EV is NOT putting it back into exchange but directly to your computer.

As a test, drag an unarchived message from your inbox and put it on your desktop.  Open it, do you see the move to folder option? I do not and I  would not expect to because it is not in Exchange at this point.  Same principle with EV.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Tony

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Do you need any more assistance with this? If a post solved your problem, can you mark that as the Solution? Thanks & Regards Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.