cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0 SP3 upgrade database from SQL2005 to SQL2008

Edwork
Level 4

I have installed EV 8 SP3 with SQL 2005 before.

Would someone do such upgrade database from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.

I check symantec web info.  EV 8.0 SP3 have support SQL 2008 reporting but not have such later upgrade database procedure .

Would someone could provide procedure to me or web link, please ? Anything need to notify ?

2 REPLIES 2

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
There are no specific or unique steps that are required for the Enterprise Vault databases. You should review and apply the standard instructions for upgrading your SQL server configuration which are available from Microsoft. Remember to back everything up first though!

Maverik
Level 6
Firstly SQL 2008 is supported as you say.   It most however be SQL 2008 SP1 64 bit as per compatibility guide and note the following to pints.

g. Enterprise Vault Reporting is supported, except for: Vault Store Usage Summary, Vault Store Usage by Archive,

and Vault Store Usage by Billing Account.

h. Requires Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP2 or later service pack.

With regards a direct upgrade path this really depends on SQL rather than Enterprise Vault. For example if you are running SQL 2005 32 bit I dont believe you can then directly upgrade to SQL 2008 SP1 64Bit. MS resources will answer your queries in regards upgrade paths.

In regards Enterprise Vault I would ensure that you have a good backup of EV Environment before undertaking this work, then depending on if you can perform an in place upgrade or not will determine the next steps.  I.E. If you are moving to new hardware than the databases will need to be migrated and permissins set up for EV as required.  If the server has a new name etc then changes will need to be made to Enterprise Vault to reflect this.  The following technote should assist.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/273272

Hope this helps.