Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 Upgrade with SQL2000 to EV10 with SQL2008R2

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

The current EV8 environment uses SQL2000 and I'm wanting to EV10 running with SQL2008R2  - Exchange 2003 email archiving only with no journaling

I know I need to upgrade via EV9 to get to EV10 but what I was hoping to avoid is having to go to SQL2005 along the way.

EV9 isn't supported on SQL2000 and EV8 isn't supported in SQL2008 R2 - Is there a way that I can somehow upgrade to EV9 and move the databases to SQL2008 R2 in one go?

Or will EV8 actual start on SQL2008 R2 sufficiently so that I can kick off the EV9 upgrade (I have full downtime for this so users won't be trying to access any info nor any new items being archived)

many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Aziz_K
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Kevin,

I would suggest you take multiple steps to perform this upgrade. One pass upgrade is not in your best interest.

You have to get SQL 2005 to accomodate EV9, plus you have to upgrade hardware as well correct?

Regards,

Aziz

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

OK - thanks for the advice

It won't take me long to build a temp SQL2005 SP4 server - just a bit annoying I'll only need it for an hour :o)

Yes - I'll be doing a hardware update for the EV9 - EV10 upgrade (I'll be using the upgrade wizard for that piece)

thanks again