cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8.0 on windows 2008 x64 sp1 IIS problem

Slawek_M
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I have problem with deployment scanner which is saying that i should install hotfix (about which is also in compatibility guide), but I can't download it from that link - there is only for windows vista :(( Even after downloading it can't be installed on windows 2008 64bit.

Scanner is saying:

"IIS hotfix 949516 is not installed. This hotfix is required in order to run Enterprise Vault web services. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949516 to obtain the hotfix."

I tryied to run IIS7 in 32bit mode, but it doesn't help.

Any ideas ?

regards,

SlawekM.

Message Edited by Slawek M on 02-16-2009 12:24 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Slawek_M
Level 3

You will not belive ...

Microsoft has had different file (hotfix) under this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949516 few days ago !! Correct patch has 1,3MB (avaible now) and that previous has had 0,8MB and was only for x86.

It is why Chris didn't have any problems instaling it. Now I don't have to and everythink is working fine.

I have no words for that. Not in the public.

regards,

SlawekM.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee

When this was written the KB listed Windows 2008 as a seperate hotfix option, this has now unfortunately changed - thats the internet for you!

Comparing the download we had with the download you get from the Vista download option, not only are the file sizes identical but also the filename.

We did a quick check and found this hotfix installs without issue on 2008 64bit so I'm not sure why you were unable to. 

My advice would be to talk with MS - as far as we're concerned the hotfix is applicable and does install correctly, but obviously they're the ones that should be talked to if there is any doubt.

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner

We ran into this same problem recently on W2k8 64bit VM.  When we ran the right 64bit version it said it was already applied even though it is NOT listed in control panel (even with the show updates enabled).  I checked the file versions and they match the ones listed on the MS site.

-Joe

Slawek_M
Level 3

I am trying to use Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Build 6001 sp1 as host OS for EV.

Does the line in compatibility guide "Windows Server 2008" say that only Standard version and not Enterprise is supported ?

Or maybe there is some feature like WOW64 that should be included during the instalation ? (unfortunatelly I was not the one that did the instalation).

regards,

SlawekM.

Chris_Harrison
Level 5
Employee
That sounds like a new question not related to the original [IIS] thread.

Slawek_M
Level 3

Joe has written that in his environment it was OS version issue. It is why I am asking about what is the correct windows 2008 OS version for EV 8.0 ?

SlawekM.

Slawek_M
Level 3

You will not belive ...

Microsoft has had different file (hotfix) under this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949516 few days ago !! Correct patch has 1,3MB (avaible now) and that previous has had 0,8MB and was only for x86.

It is why Chris didn't have any problems instaling it. Now I don't have to and everythink is working fine.

I have no words for that. Not in the public.

regards,

SlawekM.

Shawn_Waggoner
Level 4
I am having the same problem and same error as described above. When I go to the hotfix page, the download file is (again) .8MB and listed for x86. Any ideas? Is there another patch now for the x64 platform? Thanks.

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

This is intentional by microsoft.
They show you the Patch that best matches your operating system from which you are surfing the site.

If you want the x64 Patch, then there is a link stating "Show Hotfix for all Languages and Platforms" or something like this, where you can choose the x64 Version.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.