cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 Mobile Search

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

Hello,

I have just finished installing EV Mobile search on a dedicated IIS Server.  This is the following error I go to when I hit the EV URL:

https://<servername>/mobilesearch

Installation registry key not found, Please contact administrator

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

The reason I asked what OS is because there are number of issues being worked on around EV Mobile and Windows 2008.    Chances are the problem you are seeing are because of one of these.    Need for Elevated Permissions, IIS Roles and Certificates are a few of the issues involved.

My recommendation would be to put EV Mobile on a supported OS or wait until it is supported on Win2008 (I believe it will be EV 10.0)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Can you check whether you have the following

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Mobile Search\Install

If you don't, can you check for the existance of a string called "InstallationType" and "InstallationPath" that points to the place where you installed? (i.e D:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault Mobile Search)

Also what version? base? SP1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 etc?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

The registry key you specified doesn't exist:   

It does exist in the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Mobile Search\Install

This is EV8 SP5

JesusWept3
Level 6

k that sounds normal,
would you be able to run a Procmon and find out which Registry keys its looking for?

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

I ran a Procmon and do not see any registry key entries being parsed.  I've tried using a browser on the local host, and I have tried from a seperate workstation.  I can attach a procmon if you like, but I didn't find anything and was very thorough, unless I don't know what I am looking for.

JesusWept3
Level 6

You ran the dtrace on the server that has the mobile search installed right?

We'd probably be looking for w3wp getting a NOT FOUND when attempting to read registry keys
if you want to put the Procmon up here, i'd be happy to take a look

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

This is what you might be looking for.  See attached screenshot

JesusWept3
Level 6

possibly, were those queries succesful though?

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

The browswer always returns the following error:

Installation registry key not found, Please contact administrator

Is there anymore information that I can collect for you.  This was a standard install straight from the installation package, and I only had to answer a few questions (authentication, DNS Site Alias).

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

What OS is the server that you installed EV Mobile on?

And what values show up under the \Enterprise Vault\Mobile Search\Install key?

Should look something like this:

"ProductVersion"="8.0.0.8888"
"InstallationType"=dword:00000001
"InstallationPath"="C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault Mobile Search\"
"MSIVersion"="8.0.18191"
"UpgradePath"="8.0.0.8888"
"Installed On"="06/05/2009 14:24:59"
"Installer"="John Doe"

Thanks,

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

The OS is Windows Server 2008 64-Bit.  As per my previous posts, the following key doesn't exist:

In the registry it is under the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Mobile Search\Install

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Create the same registry keys in:-

Does that stop the error.

This maybe a bug whereas the registry keys are created in the wow6432node location but the code is still looking in the x86 location.

Additionally I do not think this is anything to do with your particular issue but as per the latest compatibility charts it is currently not supported on Windows 2008:-

b. Enterprise Vault Mobile Search is supported only on Windows Server 2003 SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit).

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

The reason I asked what OS is because there are number of issues being worked on around EV Mobile and Windows 2008.    Chances are the problem you are seeing are because of one of these.    Need for Elevated Permissions, IIS Roles and Certificates are a few of the issues involved.

My recommendation would be to put EV Mobile on a supported OS or wait until it is supported on Win2008 (I believe it will be EV 10.0)

Ryan_Dong1
Level 4

Once again, thanks for your support.  I will get the client to rebuild the O/S and proceed from that point on.