cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 Reporting by retention category

DGreer
Level 3
I want to get a number of reports from EV8, a couple are listed below.  Can someone point me in the right direction to get started?  Are there out of the box reports that do this or do I need to use SQL reporting services?

1. Number of items stored in a retention category.
2. Number of items stored in a retention category per user.

Basically, we are telling users that they need to assign the proper retention category and that we will be auditing their accounts to ensure that they are.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I think this might get you what you want in query format.

--This gives the archive name and count of items by retention cat.
--Runs against the VaultStore Database
SELECT rc.RetentionCategoryName, ex.MbxDisplayName, count(s.RetentionCategoryIdentity) as 'Number of Items'
FROM Saveset s
Join Archivepoint a on a.ArchivePointIdentity =s.ArchivePointIdentity
Join EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.RetentionCategoryEntry rc on rc.RetentionCategoryIdentity = s.RetentionCategoryIdentity
Join EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxEntry ex on ex.DefaultVaultID = a.ArchivePointID
GROUP BY rc.RetentionCategoryName, ex.MbxDisplayName

--This gives the count of items by retention cat.
SELECT rc.RetentionCategoryName, count(s.RetentionCategoryIdentity) as 'Number of Items'
FROM Saveset s
Join EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.RetentionCategoryEntry rc on rc.RetentionCategoryIdentity = s.RetentionCategoryIdentity
Join EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ExchangeMailboxEntry ex on ex.DefaultVaultID = a.ArchivePointID
GROUP BY rc.RetentionCategoryName

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
This can be done via SQL but it will require some creative SQL scripting.

I recommend you contact Symantec professional services or maybe some of their EV gold partners whoes core business is reporting on EV.

Talk to your Symantec rep they can point you in the right direction

TonySterling
I think this might get you what you want in query format.

--This gives the archive name and count of items by retention cat.
SELECT rc.RetentionCategoryName, ex.MbxDisplayName, count(s.RetentionCategoryIdentity) as 'Number of Items'
FROM Saveset s
GROUP BY rc.RetentionCategoryName, ex.MbxDisplayName

--This gives the count of items by retention cat.
SELECT rc.RetentionCategoryName, count(s.RetentionCategoryIdentity) as 'Number of Items'
FROM Saveset s
GROUP BY rc.RetentionCategoryName

TonySterling
@DGreer

Did that query work for you? 

HonkyTonkHero
Level 4
Tony...just used your script and it works great. Gives me the information I was looking for. Next I am going to hand it over to my DBA and see if he wants to make it into a SQL report.  Thanks for posting this SQL script....very helpful!