Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 Reporting

Robert_Primozic
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

I have a very unusuall problem with EV Reports. Some background:

SQL2005 SP2 or SP3 (makes no difference) and Reporting Services on same server. After installing and configuring RS everything works fine, I can modify site properties, add users, roles...

After configuring and deploying reports (either on upgrade from EV 2007 to EV 2008 or to completly new installation of reporting services and deploying reports on same EV organization) all security is mixed up, I can not access reports either I can not set any roles or permissions on RS site. I can not either manualy edit RS in SQL server manager. Error is: The permissions granted to user 'EVLAB\Administrator' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied) Get Online Help

I must say that before configure and deploy EV reports everything works fine.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Here is a work around for you to get going: 

in the RSReportServer.Config entries change:

<Security>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authorization,EVSecurityExtension"/>

</Security>

<Authentication>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authentication,EVSecurityExtension"/>

</Authentication>

to:

<Security>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization.WindowsAuthorization,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

</Security>

<Authentication>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authentication.WindowsAuthentication,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

</Authentication> 

And please restart IIS after doing this. 

The issue is with EV 8 now honoring RBA, this breaks Windows security model.  Changing the above restores the Windows security model. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Here is a work around for you to get going: 

in the RSReportServer.Config entries change:

<Security>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authorization,EVSecurityExtension"/>

</Security>

<Authentication>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Symantec.EnterpriseVault.Reports.SecurityExtension.Authentication,EVSecurityExtension"/>

</Authentication>

to:

<Security>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization.WindowsAuthorization,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

</Security>

<Authentication>

<Extension Name="Windows" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authentication.WindowsAuthentication,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Authorization" />

</Authentication> 

And please restart IIS after doing this. 

The issue is with EV 8 now honoring RBA, this breaks Windows security model.  Changing the above restores the Windows security model. 

Lakshmi_Narayan
Level 4
Partner

The same solution worked for me as well

thanks

Narayana