cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.1 MSMQ question

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6

My MSMQ 3 shows 6 messages in queue, but when I open the queue, its contents are empty. I also think these 6 "invisible" messages are preventing me from performing a  "Run Now" archive run.

How can I clear these 6 messages? Restart the Message Queueing service?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you stop the archive task and then try to view the queue do they show?  I seem to recall seeing that behaviour before.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

If you stop the archive task and then try to view the queue do they show?  I seem to recall seeing that behaviour before.

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Can't remember if I rebooted or what. But if is being really stubborn and the rest of your queues are cleared you can stop the task delete it and recreate it. This create new queues for the task. And there's always uninstalling and reinstalling msmq.

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6

i'll give that shot thanks

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Also check the MSMQ is not AD integrated, I have had phantom queues because of this.

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6

stopping the archive task allowed me to purge the quque and I was able to perform a Run Now. But another question, why does the a3 queue show 8 messages when viewed from the outside but only 3 when I open it in queue messages? Is this by design for some reason?

TonySterling

I believe this is due to the fact that those messages are currently being acted on and there is a "lock" on them.

That is my guess anyway.  :)