cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 9.0.1 Status Critical

Cdee
Level 6

Hello Friendzzz,

I was Looking at Symantec EV Console (9.0.1) and in the Status options under Directory on EV server i see that i have 3 Critical Alerts, of which one is for,

New Itmes awaiting Backup or replication.
41008 There are 89843862 savesets that have not yet been backed up or replicated for Vault Store 'VaultStore2010'.

I have Centra as storage and have a replication in place but when i see the property of partition and go to Backup Tab i see the status shows me as Last Item Secured  "No backup Detected" and Last Scan Started Never Started.
Scan partition every is set to 60 minutes.

I am wondering if my backup or replication is not working and need to know how can i get rid of the watchfile count to decrease if my backup is not in place or replication is broken.

6 REPLIES 6

JolaineY
Level 4
Employee

You say that replication is in place, but I'd start by checking that Centera replication is working. I think the only time I've seen this is when there is an issue on the Centera side.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You get this issue when the centera replication is paused. I would suggest to check with your Centera engineer to see if there is any items in the replication queue on the Centera

Cdee
Level 6

Yes replication is there but i dont have any idea how to check it as it was setup before i joining this org.

so my main concern is how can i reduce the storage watchfile count.

Cdee
Level 6

How can i take a manual backup of my saveset so the storage watchfile can be purged...

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

When you are using centera for storage , backup is the " replication ". Ideally if you have storage on NTFS it checks the archvie bit on the DVS files on the vault store partition but in centera it assumes the backup is done when the Clips are replicated .refer http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76132

TRALSH
Level 4
Employee

1st step is to confirm replication is working correctly.  If unsure on how to, then I would contact EMC.

Additionally, a dtrace of storagefilewatch should show lines containing: "ClipExistsReplica -- Calling FPClip_Exists -- Clip-Id" when EV makes the check to see if the clip is on the replica prior securing the item and clearing the watchfile table.