cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Client Validations

San_Bangalore
Level 5

I am working some Validations from the client side after enabling EV. What I could notice is once the EV plugin installed before enabling EV for a user could see below files

• DatabaseList.ini
  • Download Tasks.xml
  • *. MDC File

I wanted to understand what these files are in detail. I am not getting any Tech note about this. Do we have any? Or any details about this will be helpful.

Other question I have is once the EV gets enabled and after running a synch what other files gets created in KVC folder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Those files are used if you enable Vault Cache and are used in the synchronization of the users archive with the local copy.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can you explain where you're going with this? there's a ton of files installed with the EV client just like there are with any program. most users never "see" any of these. what are you trying to do here?

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Location - C:\Users\Users\AppData\Local\KVS\Enterprise Vault\CCC3492805D52E4EBA19DF76D5EADC32

As I said above I need do the validations through automation, what are the files created in the client after installing EV plugin, before Enabling EV for a user & once the user enabled for archiving and ran a synch what are the files get created.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Those files are used if you enable Vault Cache and are used in the synchronization of the users archive with the local copy.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I personally think you should break things down into :

- Installed Files

- Data files

First of all check the installed files in the \Program Files folder.

Secondly then check the data files.

If you look on these forums, there are blogs and articles which explain much of what is in the data files location.

Working for cloudficient.com