cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Domino archived items access not working

jaj
Level 4

I have recently installed EV Domino environment in my test environment. Its all virtual.

EV 10.0.3

Domino Servers 8.5.3

Lotus notes 8.5.3

When user double clicks on shortcut in Notes client, it shows its connecting to EV gateway server but it does not open the original item instead it shows shortcut body itself. I restarted the EV server but it didnt help. There are no events on Domino Console and nothing in Event logs on EV Server either.

Is there any compatibility or known issue with this environment? Or something related to configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Whats the error message you get while accessing the archived items? Not sure if you should find any event for every retrieval failure but you can use Dtrace for extra logging. You can trace nServer, DominoArchivingTask, nHttp.

Whats the Domino Server version running on EVDG (gateway server)?

Have you applied any EV hotfix on Enterprise Vault Server? There is known issue with 64 bit Domino Server running on EVDG and EV 10.0.3 CHF2.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH208689

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Whats the error message you get while accessing the archived items? Not sure if you should find any event for every retrieval failure but you can use Dtrace for extra logging. You can trace nServer, DominoArchivingTask, nHttp.

Whats the Domino Server version running on EVDG (gateway server)?

Have you applied any EV hotfix on Enterprise Vault Server? There is known issue with 64 bit Domino Server running on EVDG and EV 10.0.3 CHF2.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH208689

I hope this helps.

jaj
Level 4

Thanks for your quick response. Yes the Domino Server on gateway server is 8.5.3 x64. Not sure about EV HF though. I will check it.

jaj
Level 4

Cheers! Thats it, I replaced the nEVDominoEM.dll file and restarted Domino Server on gateway. Now users can access the archived items without any error.

Bingo, I never thought this would be so simple for someone. Thanks a lot Advisor.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Great news, glad to help.