cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV File Archiving

EVRocks
Level 5

Hello All,

I am seeing a really peculiar problem between our two EV environments.

I have EV installed on our production and none production environments in a separate domains. Each environment are completely separate from each other’s except there is a one domain trust relationship but from EV point of you they are completely separate.

Currently we have only enabled EV for Exchange and now we are about to do file archiving. I have started to add and configure File Archiving target and File archiving task on the none production EV server and no problem. During the configuration I have added a target server and volume. FSA agent installed on the file server but as soon as these FSA agent services starts in the file server for some reason the EV service account for the production server get locked out. I have not touched any setting in the production environment.

Stopping the FSA agent services in the target file server the problem of the locking EV service account in the production environment disappear.

I have gone through the permissioning and service account settings under the fsa agent services and also in other areas all of them point to the none production service account.

One more thing the EV service account on both environment are identical as having the same name but obviously they are not linked in any way. Also since this is in the none production the target file server is happened to be an exchange server but again all in the none production area.

I am thinking of renaming the service account to something different.

I appreciate any suggestions…

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is pretty strange, I would definitely recommend renaming your non-production EV Account to see if that fixes it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is pretty strange, I would definitely recommend renaming your non-production EV Account to see if that fixes it.

EVRocks
Level 5

renaming the service account in the none preoduction fixed the problem. Still do'nt understanding the relationship of these accounts.

Thank you.