cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV VaultStore migration to CIFS Share on EMC Data omain ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi All,

My current EV VaultStore is configure using the Physical RDM attached to the VM based on LUN presented by the Storage Array.

So my current question is that, how can I migrate them all ~17 TB across 10+ drive letters into the new low cost storage server CIFS share ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

unless you own a special file copying tool, i would use robocopy. the safest way would be to completely take EV offline, run your robocopy, then edit the vault store partition locations in SQL to point to the new share. each partition you have know on their own drive letter can be a subfolder of the new CIFS share. for example \\evstorage\VS01\PTN01, \\evstorage\VS01\PTN02, etc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

errr robocopy and drive mapping?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndrewB

unless you own a special file copying tool, i would use robocopy. the safest way would be to completely take EV offline, run your robocopy, then edit the vault store partition locations in SQL to point to the new share. each partition you have know on their own drive letter can be a subfolder of the new CIFS share. for example \\evstorage\VS01\PTN01, \\evstorage\VS01\PTN02, etc

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Why not just map the drive letters though? then you dont have to edit anything in the database

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool, so in this case, the EV Vault Store partition files can be just migrated using the robocopy through Windows Server RDP session and then some SQL server script magic to change the path into the new location with UNC mapping.

AndrewB

exactly. and keep in mind how you plan to back everything up when deciding how you lay out the partitions on your new storage device.