cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV client 9 with Vault server 8.0.3

Mp72
Level 2

Hi,

We have vault server 8.0.3 on windows 2003 with same version on client. However our VIP want to move to Outlook to 2010. So what if i upgrade the EV client version from 8.0.3 to version 9 without upgrading  the server version? How will be the servers impacted?

5 REPLIES 5

maj_rif
Level 4

we have done the same work but for Enterprise Vault 8.0.4. EV 8 support Add-in 9. i'll suggest you to install add-in in your test environment and check either that is working or not.

for me that was working fine. 

i hope that will assist you.

Mp72
Level 2

Thanks Maj. Do you mean that our server should be atleast SP4 and only than Add-in 9 will work. Do you have a docmunet or a url for the Add-in configuration/compatibility list

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Against Outlook 2010, you'll need the 9.0.1 client, not the 9.0 client.

You'll also need either 8 SP 4 server + hotfix, 9 server + hotfix, 9.0.1 server, or 8 SP 5 server.

Working for cloudficient.com

Mp72
Level 2

The other part of my question is still unanswered. In most of the forums they asked the client side issues. But i just want to know if there is a server side impact if the users start installing EV9.0.1 with out me changing any configuration on the servers.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

the only server side impact is that you will need to upgrade to 8 SP 4, or 5.  There are some readme files for each, that you should read (there is at least one example of an operation which works in 8 SP 3, and fails in 8 SP 4 - but there is a hotfix post 8 SP 4 for that)

Working for cloudficient.com