cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV- marked for deletion status

yeow_km
Level 5

I am trying to remove the EV of a user who has resigned.

After doing all the necessary steps, the user EV is still in the Exchange mailbox.

Status is Marked for deletion. with a red cross on the username. When i right click on properties. it says properties are unavailable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Patience... As the properties are unavailable, and there is a red-cross, EV knows that the archvie is to be deleted. The deletion of the archive (especially if it is a big archive) can take a few days. I've seen archives taking 5 days to ' disappear'.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Patience... As the properties are unavailable, and there is a red-cross, EV knows that the archvie is to be deleted. The deletion of the archive (especially if it is a big archive) can take a few days. I've seen archives taking 5 days to ' disappear'.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

There are some circumstances that can prevent a user archive from being deleted. Besides a busy EV Server it could be that elements are still on legal hold (if you have discovery accelerator installed).

The delete process always kicks in when you restart your storage service. So if you dont mind a downtime for about a minute for your users then restart the storage service and watch the EV eventlog for entries from storage delete. These should point you to the problem.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Deletion process is actually kicked off straight away if you delete from the vac The only time you would restart storage is if you were manipulating the database entries to do a deletion or if EV was in read only mode Your best bet is to look at your event viewer, an event will be posted when the user is deleted and if there are any errors tryingto delete the user, one of which can be the user having items on legal hold, being involved in a DA search which gets his archive put in to the vault interest table, or if you have a compliance device such as a centera - it may deny you deleting the items It could also be that the user has items in a retention category that does not allow deletion Lastly it could just be you need to refresh the vault admin console
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

yeow_km
Level 5

tks. it took a couple of hours to be deleted