Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV2007 SP4 Client driven PST migration issues

Celtic
Level 5
Partner
 Hi,
I am having two issues with client driven migration..
1. On client driven migrations pst files that do not belong to the user are been migrated into their vault. I was told by Symantec that the a pst would not be migrated into a users vault unless it was attached to the users profile. However this seems to be not the case, which I was angry about as I told the customer this and now they are complaining they have pst files archived that dont belong to them.

2. As pst's are been migrated they are getting old pop up reminders as per http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/reminders-came-back . Is there a fix for this? As not only are people getting their old reminders but now because incorrect pst files are been migrated into their vault they are getting other peoples old reminders

Thanks for help
P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 If you are doing a hard disk scan over the whole drive - the client side migration will pick up any PST it finds and try to migrate it - and it doesnt need to be attached to the users profile.

You woudl have needed to restrict the search to only Documents and Settings folder in the PST migration policy.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
It is correct that a PST should only be migrated to the users archive. Also that issue with pending reminders was fixed in EV2007 SP2 if I recall correctly so if you have the same issue then it must be a different strain of the same problem.
Either way for both issues it would be very difficult to take it any futher over a support forum so I would suggest logging a call with support so that we can look into these problems for you properly.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 If you are doing a hard disk scan over the whole drive - the client side migration will pick up any PST it finds and try to migrate it - and it doesnt need to be attached to the users profile.

You woudl have needed to restrict the search to only Documents and Settings folder in the PST migration policy.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Might like to add - when you do a Locate/Collect/Migrate Server driven migration - it gives you the option of a registry scan - this will then only migrate PST's attached to Outlook.