cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8.0.2 and Outlook 2007 - Wierd greyed out URL box next to EV toolbar buttons

Andy_Wragg_-_BT
Level 4
Partner Accredited
OK some (not all) pilot users have reported a wierd url box which is greyed out which appears next to the EV toolbar buttons. This has the URL of the currently displayed outlook folder (Outlook:Inbox by default) and when you hover the mouse over it displays the property EVSearchURLCtrl.

Its a similar box to that which forms part of the Outlook Web toolbar, but as I say the text box is grayed and the drop down arrow on the right cannot be manipulated. An image capture fie is attached for reference.

This does not appear on all users Outlook sessions, just a few.

Has anyone seen this before and know how to stop it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6
Hi Andy,

You appear to be one fo the very few customers that have expereinced this issue.  Resolution or really workaround was to reset the ev client.

It appears that it was asthetic, rather than caused any issues, but if you are willing to persue this and capture information for Symantec as it appears very difficult to reproduce,  I would recommned that you log a case. In the past it appears customers were too happy to ignore it or work around it and always difficult then if Symantec cannot get to the bottom of it by reproducing.

Sorry cannot give you a quick answer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6
Hi Andy,

You appear to be one fo the very few customers that have expereinced this issue.  Resolution or really workaround was to reset the ev client.

It appears that it was asthetic, rather than caused any issues, but if you are willing to persue this and capture information for Symantec as it appears very difficult to reproduce,  I would recommned that you log a case. In the past it appears customers were too happy to ignore it or work around it and always difficult then if Symantec cannot get to the bottom of it by reproducing.

Sorry cannot give you a quick answer.

Andy_Wragg_-_BT
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Thanks again 'The Don'

Andy_Wragg_-_BT
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Unfortunately, resetting the EV Client using the client reset utility provided did not work in our case.

Will consult the customer to see if they want it 'fixed' or not.

Cheers

Andy