cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8.0.3 with Exchange 2007 CCR

Satyendra
Level 4

Hello Folks,

Ever since i have moved few users from Exchange 2003 to 2007 (CCR Cluster) i am noticing that items aren't getting archived as expected. I can't tell at this point if this the case with all the users on CCR or just few.

I fall into a archivng policy which has 90days + 10%quota and have mailbox warning set to 2GB, when i go back and see my latest archived item its of 1/14/2011 which is surely more then 90days. Another users i checked with who has a fat mailbox which is over 2GB and she gets warning everynight here EV doesn't seems to be processing as per Quota setting and i see below event for this heavy user:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Archive Task
Event ID: 3379
Description:- There were too few archivable items available to take mailbox '/O=XX/OU=XX/cn=xxx/cn=xxx' below the quota-free level of 10%.

Quota limit: 2097152KB
  Quota used: 2233077KB (106% of quota limit)
  Previously archived (pending): 0KB
  Required to archive: 345640KB (adjusted 345640KB)
  Amount archived (this run): 0KB

You may need to review your mailbox archiving policies to allow more items to be archived if you regularly see this warning for mailboxes.

Is there anything special we have to do when dealing with Exchange 2007 CCR cluster?  How can i get archiving working back for all these users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Satyendra
Level 4

It ended up being the MRM policy created for Exchange 2007 users which was applicable on 'Entire Mailbox' to delete UM message type (Missed call notifications & Voicemails)

Now since EV sees that entire mailbox is being managed by Exchange 2007 MRM policy it stopped processing any of the item from the mailbox, so in order to get it working i had to enable "Archive Exchange Managed Folder = Normal"

Because of the above option EV treats the mailbox normally and archives all the eligible items.

Thanks to Symantec support to get this fixed for me :)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

What happens if you do a Run Now in Report mode against that user and see what it reports back

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I mean, what it really comes down to, is you're setting the quota, which will throw warnings if it can't match that qouta level due to items not being eligible, which depends on your policy

Is it set to archive unread items?
Have you set any message classes to not archive? (such as IPM.Appointment*, could IPM.Message being unchecked?)
Have you set any folders to Do Not Archive through EVPM?
Do you allow users to change their archiving rules on their folders through their client?
can users manually archive ok?
Are the users over quota completely? if the users are completely over quota, then archiving won't work at all etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Satyendra
Level 4

Archive unread items = Where do i see this setting?

Message class selected are = IPM.Document / IPM.Note / IPM.Post

Message class unselected = IPM.Note.Microsoft / IPM.Contact / IPM.Appointment / IPM.Tasks

Do not archive folder thru EVPM = NO

Manual archive allowed = NO

It appears users who are over or under quota aren't getting archived properly (more then 90days older emails are unarchived)

Satyendra
Level 4

It ended up being the MRM policy created for Exchange 2007 users which was applicable on 'Entire Mailbox' to delete UM message type (Missed call notifications & Voicemails)

Now since EV sees that entire mailbox is being managed by Exchange 2007 MRM policy it stopped processing any of the item from the mailbox, so in order to get it working i had to enable "Archive Exchange Managed Folder = Normal"

Because of the above option EV treats the mailbox normally and archives all the eligible items.

Thanks to Symantec support to get this fixed for me :)