cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 Client

Yendis_Lambert
Level 3

We have recently upgraded our EV2007 server to EV8 and have updated a couple of clients to the new EV8 Full Client.  We have noticed that everytime we open Outlook that the IE exceptions are been replaced with evserver01.domain.co.uk and EV-ITE and also the tick on the Bypass local proxy for internal addresses is also removed.

Anyone had the same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yendis_Lambert
Level 3

My colleague has just found the problem,

If you go into POLICIES, EXCHANGE, DESKTOP and then edit your policies defined.  Go into the WEB APPLICATIONS TAB and remove the tick box "Bypass local proxy server".

I have just tested and all is ok now.

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

What do you mean exactly by IE exceptions?

Also is this happening to all clients?

I know that EV in V8 does automatically update the add servers to intranet zone and I believe.

For the proxy bypass is that all it did, untick the box? or did it add other things as well?

Yendis_Lambert
Level 3

Hi,

In my internet Explorer proxy settings, when I open Outlook (with the ev client installed) it takes out the the tick on the "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" box and if you click on the Advanced button the exceptions I had in there have been replaced with "EVSERVER01.domain.co.uk and MET-EV-01".

If I was to close outlook and put in these settings back in and then open outlook the settings would disappear.  This didn't happen on the EV2007 client only on cleints that are EV8.

Thanks

Yendis_Lambert
Level 3

My colleague has just found the problem,

If you go into POLICIES, EXCHANGE, DESKTOP and then edit your policies defined.  Go into the WEB APPLICATIONS TAB and remove the tick box "Bypass local proxy server".

I have just tested and all is ok now.

Thanks

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Yes, this affects v8 clients only.

the problem is in the desktop policy, "bypass local proxy server" setting. Uncheck it... until it get fixed

disappointing....

thank you for sharing.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

We've looked into this and indeed you are correct in that we are overwriting the existing proxy server list rather than appending to it.  I've submitted a defect for that which I'd hope we will fix in service pack 1.

The strange thing is that after some initial investigation by me(and I'm no code expert) we don't see to be explictly settings the 'bypass proxy for local servers' setting.  So perhaps by us setting the list of servers that makes IE do that?  Anyhow I'm sure that will become better understood when we come to code the fix.

Apologies for not finding this defect before release.

Mike

EV Engineering

NickF
Level 3
Partner

Thanks for this - as of this morning, I have 100+ remote users that cannot access their SSL based VPN....

How can something so fundamental have got past your testing teams?

Ok, on a more constructive note.

In IE6 and previous versions, the proxy exceptions list is a fairly limited legth field, with many companies that need to use it, having to juggle what is and isn't in there due to the length restriction. Simply automating the appending of items in that list could cause some people just as many issues.....

Nick

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Having done QA for 8 years I know that most bugs look obvious after the fact.

yeah I'll update them with that fact so we try and do some kind of length checks perhaps.

NickF
Level 3
Partner

Fair enough....

Any chance of a definative work around for this?

I've followed the advice above of removing the tickbox, which cures some issues, but it still wipes out all our proxy exceptions.

This is becoming a very big problem for us.

Thanks

Nick

A_Z_rcher
Level 5
Partner Accredited

uncheck both and use GPO in Active Directory to set the server to intranet zone and the proxy setting.