cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV80SP2 - Strange error in eventviewer

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello all,

I've upgraded to Enterprise Vault 8.0SP2 this weekend. I now have the below error in the eventlogs.
Can this be caused by a bad connection to the directory database?

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Enterprise Vault
Event Category:    Storage File Watch
Event ID:    7023
Date:        15-9-2009
Time:        5:59:41
User:        N/A
Computer:    SAD4407
Description:
Partition rollover could not determine which partitions are served by Storage Service 1038080772B1D8141B31992FD7A9DC89A1e10000DMS.
Access is denied.  [0x80070005]

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

What can I check further to see what might be causing this?

Thanks.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
It turned out that the server hosting the directory database has issues staying online.
The issue has disappeared after monitoring-team has been involved to closely monitor the server, and make sure it stayed up. and reachable.

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
When does this appear?  Is it just when you start the storage service, or when you archive something?  Have you a dtrace of the storage server and/or Storage File Watch ?

Hope that helps,

Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA
Hi Rob,

The error seems to appear at or around the time we place EV in read-only mode for the day. This is still being done using the 7.5 way (registry).
I suspect an issue with services starting to quickly, or perhaps an issue with the sql server. I do not see the error during the day, whilst I have restarted some storageservices (for test)

I'll check to see if I have more tomorrow morning.

I have some more 'strange' errors which are under investigation at the moment (by me ;-))

Thanks,

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA
It turned out that the server hosting the directory database has issues staying online.
The issue has disappeared after monitoring-team has been involved to closely monitor the server, and make sure it stayed up. and reachable.

Thanks.
Regards. Gertjan