Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV9 - Public Folder Archiving

Wallace44
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We have a client who is using EV9. A little while back we ran into some issues with their public folders, and them using Office 2010 (which wasn't supported at the time).

To cut a rather long story short, we had to restore all the emails from their public folders back in to the public folder store.

Now that there is support for Office 2010 we are re-enabling archiving on their public folders. This is where my issue comes in.

Every item in the public folders gets this error when trying to archive;

|The message titled: RE: NMS - ROV will not be archived as its inactivity period has not expired |

That is a direct cut from my dtrace log.

Is anyone able to explain to me, how I can "reset" this inactivity period / how do I go about clearing it so that their public folders can be archived?

Some other "background". Their archiving used to archive everything older than 8 months and create shortcuts. They have changed their mind about this and what EV to archive everything older than 24 months and not create shortcuts. The reason for this is that they have 45000+ emails in any given public folder, and want their searching for current information to be faster, and then they have to manually go and search through the older stuff. Not sure if this info is needed or not -

Thanks.

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you need to use IgnoreEVDates registry key due to the fact that when you restore an item from being archived , it won't archive again until the Restore Date + inactivity period

i.e if i set it to archive anything older than 1 month old and i restore something on 01/01/2011, then it won't re-archive until 02/01/2011

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\

DWORD: IgnoreEVDates
0 = Off
1 = Ignore Archived Date
2 = Ignore Restored Date
3 = Ignore both Archived and Restored Date

Set yours to 2 (Decimal) and then restart the services and try again

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

you need to use IgnoreEVDates registry key due to the fact that when you restore an item from being archived , it won't archive again until the Restore Date + inactivity period

i.e if i set it to archive anything older than 1 month old and i restore something on 01/01/2011, then it won't re-archive until 02/01/2011

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\

DWORD: IgnoreEVDates
0 = Off
1 = Ignore Archived Date
2 = Ignore Restored Date
3 = Ignore both Archived and Restored Date

Set yours to 2 (Decimal) and then restart the services and try again

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Wallace44
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thanks heaps for that... that is exactly what I needed.

Marked as solution.

Thanks again.