cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV9 and Windows 7 Search

CMBMike
Not applicable

I'm having a weird issue I can't get worked out regarding search.

Here's a rundown of the environment:

Server version:  9.0.1.1073

Outlook Add-in Version: 9.0.5186

Windows 7 Enterprise x86 desktops

Outlook 2007

OS, Office and EV all have the latest patches through Feb 2011

I have Virtual Vault enabled and Vault Cache set to store only items that are opened. Refer to the screenshot of Indexed Locations. The only way I get any results back is if I unselect vault from Microsoft Office Outlook. If it's checked or the Symantec Vault cache is uncheck search does not work.

I consulted the user guide for the Vault Client and it stated that both items should be check but this does not work for me.

What gives? Am I missing something obvious? I've burned a week and gained more gray hair on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

This issue is believed to be fixed in a post 9.0.2 client hotfix.  You could/should try that.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

would suggest contacting support if you've already done a lot of leg work on this

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Sounds like a variation of an escalation I worked on a few days ago, and escalated.  It's not been looked at though yet, and it might not be looked at for some time.

I would raise a case, and have the eventual TSE ping me an email, and I can give them some details.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

This issue is believed to be fixed in a post 9.0.2 client hotfix.  You could/should try that.