cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM ini file 'ApplyToSubfolders'

skw234dmsp
Level 3

All,

I would like to write a script that would create folders but apply the same retention category to any subfolders that are created afterwards by the user.  There is a command that would allow you to do something similar to what I want to achive under public folders.  I want to apply that same concept under folders but do not  how to in the 'Utility Guide'.   Here is a sample of the script and is this possible?  If not possible, how can this be done for sub folders that are created afterwards?

Thanks,

`sw

;Script will create three folders with three different retention categories.  Any subfolders created under those folders will receive the same rules and retention categories as that folder

;Scope - Custom Retention Categories for the Deleted Items, Business Documents, 180, and 540 Folders in Outlook for all Employees

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = EV
Sitename = EV1

;add retention category

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName =/o=<user>

;Custom Retention Categories for Deleted Items/540/180/Business Documents folders

[Folder]
Name=\180
RetentionCategory = 180
OverrideArchiveLocks = true

[Folder]
Name =\540
RetentionCategory = 540

[Folder]
Name =\Business Documents
RetentionCategory = Business Documents HOLD

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I think you're in luck. by default subfolders will inherit folder settings from the parent.

skw234dmsp
Level 3
I think you are correct.  However, I ran this script and subfolders created did not inherit the retention category as the parent.  I'm still searching myself...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
In which EV version and service pack did you try the settings? 
Working for cloudficient.com